UK and Ireland Meteorite page -- further reading
go to main index
Further reading and sources of additional photographs
- CATALOGUE OF METEORITES by A.L. Graham, W.R. Bevan and R. Hutchison.
4th ed. British Museum (Natural History) 1985.
I used this as a starting point, but excluded the pseudometeorites listed
- COSMIC DEBRIS (meteorites in history) by John Burke
University of California Press, 1986
Mentions a number of early 19th Cent. falls, and includes some history relating
to the British Museum (Natural History), contains a comprehensive list of references
- METEORITES. A Concise Account by A. A. Moss
Published by the British Museum (Natural History), 1975. 3rd edition.
A short, 26 page text, includes photographs (black and white) of the Barwell and Wold Cottage meteorite
- THE SEARCH FOR OUR BEGINNING by R. Hutchison
Published by Oxford University Press, 1983.
An enquiry, based on meteorite research, into the origin of our planet and of life, 158 pages. Includes colour photograph of Beddgelert(1949), report of the Aldsworth(1835) fall
- METEORITES The Key to Our Existance by R. Hutchison and A. Graham
Published by the British Museum (Natural History)
A short 60 page book includes numerous colour photographs including,
Middlesborough(1884), Aldsworth(1835) including a summary report of the find, Glatton(1991)
Beddgelert(1949), Barwell(1965) cut fragment.
- A Catalogue of Meteorites and Fireballs, from A.D. 2 to A.D. 1860 by R.P. Greg, Esq., F.G.S
from the Report of the Thirtieth Meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science; held at Oxford in June and July 1860. Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, London. 1861.
R.P. Greg consulted numerous earlier works and periodicals to produce his catalogue, which covers the entire globe.